Thursday, October 28, 2010

Numba one

It's hard to say exactly what I contribute to our world literature class. That's probably because it changes with what we're studying, where I'm sitting, and what kind of mood I'm in. This may not be a good thing, but I'm pretty sure my behavior fluctuates quite a bit with circumstances. I might bring a sort of studious focus to the group. This would have to be on a day when I'm cought up on sleep and somewhat interested in what we're reading. Another day, I might not contribute anything to the group except a desire for some snacks. On a darker note, I must admit that there have been somedays when I've felt slightly disruptive to the learning process by encouraging off-topic conversation and procrastinating on assignments. My apologies. Anyone may feel free to let me know if they think my mood and/or behavior is unacceptable. I will try to work on myself as well. One could put a nicer spin on this by saying that I bring a certain balance to the group, since any prolonged seriousness or extensive slacking can't be permanent with me in the room. I'm like Arizona weather- if you don't like it, just wait five minutes.

3 comments:

  1. While I read Julia's post I must say I was quite astonished and surprised. Not because of what was written, but by how far off the truth it is. If you want to see a disruption in class please spend 5 minutes sitting next to me and you will get the picture. Julia is a model student. Maybe I see what I choose too, I honestly do not know. She studies and gets solid grades. There is no doubt in my mind that my disruptiveness is what leads her off topic and creates chaos as well. It is the Domino Effect. When I start the chain by saying an author is on crack, everyone follows in unison. Julia is a great addition to the class and it is reflected by her ingenious closing statement about Arizona Weather. Boss Status Julia haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree partly with Mark when he says that he was surprised with how it varies from the truth. To me, Julia is a model student as well, but not necessarily saying she is perfect and never gets off track, because I am not naive enough to think someone never gets off track. However, Julia, I do feel you are very focused in class which is extremely beneficial and I do like that we have someone like that in our Literature class. I also have to say that I love your ending sentence and how you openly say that if someone has a comment on how you behave to tell you, so you can work on it. That is something I see as admirable to put out to others and ask for suggestions on how to make yourself a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so how surprised was anyone that her post was first? You have revealed yourself, ma'am, whether you wanted to or not. Boss status, yeah

    ReplyDelete