Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Fever

Today I felt particularly energized. I was not expecting this - we all lost an hour of sleep last night. Some might argue that it's because I gave up coffee for Lent, but I drank some this morning because it's a Sunday. But I didn't even finish the whole cup, and my usual Sunday is very depressing no matter how much coffee I drink, because I know that the next day is Monday. So why today? I think I was infected with that wonderful disease of Spring Fever. The sun was so high in the sky this afternoon! I haven't enjoyed walking my dog that much in a long time. It didn't bother me that I'm currently breaking a personal record for most homework enforced in one weekend. I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm sprinting to the finish (sorry to combine two unrelated metaphors). Now, some might argue that this is dangerous - we haven't even finished the third quarter, and my grades have seen better days. I also still have the majority of my research paper to write. But I would disagree. I think I can turn this fever into a motivation, rather than an obstacle. If I'm almost done, then I have no reason to fear. I can't burn out, because time is on my side.
So for at least the third quarter, I'm going to use my ailment to push the limits. No guarantees for fourth quarter - by then, it's much too warm out for school.

6 comments:

  1. Spring Fever? You mean Bieber Fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got like five hours of sleep last night, but I am in the greatest mood I have been in in months. Dude next couple months are going to be amazing. Also, Bieber Fever is the greatest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

    ReplyDelete
  4. of some interest to you.http://moreintelligentlife.com/blog/burning-bright

    looks like a Julia-must-read

    ReplyDelete
  5. *insert generic and inspiring beatles lyrics here*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling the same way. Can't give up just yet!

    ReplyDelete