Friday, November 19, 2010

Well, it's a Friday afternoon. I was in a really good mood in school today. One might assume that this is because, like most other people, I was looking forward to a great weekend, filled with fun and excitement. This is not so. I was looking forward to cleaning my room.
The mere thought of spending my precious hours picking up the masses of clothing off of my bedroom floor makes me smile. When my mother requested this morning that my room be spotless before the day is over, my first thought was, "Oh goodie! It's that time of month again." When I think of the movies I could be viewing, the friends I could be enjoying, the fresh air I could be breathing, I let out a huge sigh of relief- thank goodness I won't be going through those exhausting ordeals tonight. Who wants that?
And here's the cherry on the sundae- after I've finished transforming my room into a livable space, the work isn't over! Oh no, because the house would not be in a tolerable condition if I didn't take out the recycling and the trash. Thank goodness I have all of these chores to keep me occupied. Walking the dog everyday after school, and feeding her plus both of my cats, and cleaning out their litter boxes certainly isn't enough for one adolescent. Besides, everyone knows that breathing in the rose-like smell of catpoop should be considered more of a reward than a chore.
I hate to brag, but every kid should be so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone had a great Friday night, but I completely understand. I'm going to have to do the exact same thing tomorrow, when I wake up. It's going to be a great way to waste a good two hours of my Saturday. On top of that I have to go work on a project and then I have to go get my hair cut. Sounds like my typical Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say that I love how you wrote this blog, and I hate when I have days like this too. Friday I had to clean my room too cause my cousin was coming and it wasn't bad and she wouldn't have cared, but my mom insisted that I clean it because it would bug her! Anyway, again great blog :)

    ReplyDelete