Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 2

Tuesday: I wake up about 20 minutes late, and feel particularly tired. Eat a big bowl of cereal. I'm pretty taciturn with my Dad for no apparent reason. When I get to school, I really don't feel like leaving my friends in the lobby to tutor someone in French, but I do it anyways. I notice that fewer kids are in the lobby than usual - I guess we're caring less and less about punctuality. I didn't pay attention in my first three classes, then went to free in the lounge, where I had to break up a couple verbal spats among my friends. After my last class, I got to leave an hour and a half early, deposited my pay check, and went home and slept for an hour and a half. Then I ate dinner, walked my dog, and went to dance for four hours (I usually only stay for two). I went home cranky because it seems I reinjured my foot, showered, and watched TV until 11:30.
It really seemed that my motivation is picking up in some areas but dropping in other areas (particularly high school). Although I still laugh easily, and I love being with my friends, I and the people around me seem less concerned about socializing and any sort of social appearance, because we know that soon we won't be around these people anymore anyways. Less effort is put into being cheery - if we're tired, or in a bad mood, we don't care who knows it. Also, normally I would not have forced myself to stay awake for TV, because I knew I was exhausted, but consequences really aren't pondered much these days. I still have English homework to be doing, and plenty of free time during the day to do it, but I'd much rather just talk with my friends. Everyone, to sum up, is being very honest with themselves, because there's no reason to be fake.

No comments:

Post a Comment