Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 3

Wednesday morning I, once again, woke up late. It was an early dismissal day, and yet the school day seemed to be just as long as usual, if not longer. I am now finding boredom in every single class, unless I'm laughing. How can humor be rising at the same time as frustration? I must include, however, that there was an extra variable. I reinjured my foot in class Tuesday night, and I'm in a constant struggle to keep dancing, so I really didn't appreciate that kind of setback. I think it was on my mind all day. The only part of class that I truly enjoyed was when I went to a "fiesta festa" at the Italian class next to mine, to which someone had brought a quesadilla maker. After that, I sat in the parking lot for about half an hour (my Sophomore friend was particularly slow getting out to the car), then got home and called my friend. We were going to go biking, but Emily didn't want to get wet, so we watched Harry Potter instead (it had just come in on Netflix). Why were we so quick to forfeit to the couch? We don't even like Harry Potter that much.
As far as disposition goes, I'm still both easily distracted and quick to argue back, which is taking a bit of a toll on my conversations with my parents. For some reason, it took about five reminders for me to take the recycling out, and after each reminder, my mom received a nice eye roll and big sigh from yours truly. I did, however, still have the common decency to try to make amends after supper. Then a friend came over for an Anatomy study party that lasted about two hours, ten minutes of which we actually spent on studying. It was interesting how we were both so willing to kind of spill our guts about our pasts and our insecurities, even though we haven't really hung out that much outside of school before. This, I believe, is another example of people no longer paying attention to future social consequences, because we're about to enter a completely new environment anyways. I fell asleep talking to my sister about astrology, in which she has recently taken a great interest. We looked up birthday-based descriptions of all of our friends. I was suddenly curious about people about whom a few months ago I really didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment