Sunday, February 27, 2011

I think I need some perspective. Just saying that, I feel like the creepy food critic in Ratatouille, but it's true. When I examine the things that I get worked up about, and compare them to the problems other people are facing, I feel super lame. How can I spend so much time worrying about finding the "perfect" college, when so many other people older than me aren't sure if they'll ever graduate high school? How can I spend five minutes with my mom debating whether or not we really need the BJ's sushi, when other people might not even eat this week? It especially hits me when I look back at past upsets, and realize how unnecessary they were. And yet I still get stuck in the same cycle of fretting over something else. Am I a worry wart? I hope not. Because being around other worry warts drives me crazy. Anyone reading this, do me a favor. Next time I start blabbing about some "issue," or "having a moment," or even nervously fidgeting, just give me a nice smack across the face. I can take it.

1 comment:

  1. O how you should not have written that last sentence :) <3 your a** is grass

    ReplyDelete